Friday, December 19, 2008

I got troubled thoughts and the self-esteem to match

They say the captain goes down with the ship
So, when the world ends will God go down with it?
I've been listening to Fall Out Boy's new album, "Folie a Deux," and I have to admit that it's pretty good. I'm kind of ashamed to confess it, since I find them to be a bit..."teenish."

One of the songs on the album that I'm digging is called "What a Catch, Donnie." It's a pretty cheesy song, to be honest. It's very anthem-like, clearly meant to sway stadiums of their young fans. The ending is quite interesting - if you've heard Fall Out Boy's previous hits, you'll get it, but you might not like it.

At any rate, there's a verse that caught my ear. It's pasted above, but for those of you who are too lazy to move your eyes up a few lines, I'll paste it again here:
They say the captain goes down with the ship

So, when the world ends will God go down with it?
When I heard that, my immediate answer was: "He didn't wait for the world to end - he already has...and he went down for it."


Fall Out Boy - "What a Catch, Donnie"

No comments: