Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fwd

During the past six months I've received a lot of forwarded mail. This is, of course, mail that was addressed to my home in New Jersey, but forwarded to my apartment in Evanston, IL. On every piece of forwarded mail, there is a yellow sticker that indicates my new address.

I think many of the blessings that we receive in our lives are like forwarded mail.

As we should know, our home is not here - it is heaven. Earth is only our temporary address.

And, as the Bible says, "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above..." (James 1:17, ESV)

So, I think it should be the joyful duty of every Christian to make sure to look for the "forwarding label" on every parcel received from home, so that every blessing will not cause us to grow more content with our place here, but remind us that our home is above.

No comments: